Friday, May 27, 2011

Wintery temps, Spring activities....

Man, it's been a COLD Spring here!  This is Mariah's first track meet of the year.  We had to huddle up to stay warm!!  :)  This was actually one of the better weather meets...most meets had some sort of "wet" falling from the sky...or blowing sideways. 
Photobucket

Track meets are long.  Owen and Natalie were great sports, and seemed to enjoy going, though.  How nice to have such agreeable kiddos!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The sunset at the first track meet.  I did not edit this photo at all.  The colors are not enhanced...sure I could have made them pop even more in Photoshop, but my goodness...it's hard to believe as it is!  It was gorgeous!!
Photobucket

Soccer started for Natalie too!  It was nice to see her out on the field again after a season's break.  Oh, and I had to snap this because I was gonna say something to the effect of, "If you want a seat at a game in our family, you'd better be able to carry your own chair!" 

Of course, that's not exactly how it happened...he wanted to carry his own chair, for approximately 10 steps.  Then he decided carrying his own chair was for the birds. 

I don't blame him.  Notice how many chairs Gerad is carrying?  I'll give you a hint...the pink one is NOT his.  :D
Photobucket

Half-time...I just love this picture...Natalie is barely in it so it was almost a "deleter" but then I spied Gerad and Owen monkeying around in the background... my heart swelled, and I fell in love.  I did not even see them doing that when I snapped the picture...and now it's a favorite.  It's just so real, and typical for my family.  Gerad is a wonderful daddy.  His laid-back, always accepting, loving demeanor provides a beautiful base to all of their future relationships. 
Photobucket

Natalie doing her thing on the soccer field...driving toward the goal.
Photobucket

Photobucket
~mj~

No comments: