Tuesday, May 24, 2011

While back home...

I got to spend some precious time with my longest-time best friend.  We've been best friends since before I can even remember.  We were thick as thieves all through school.  We called each other's moms, "Mom."  Even now, time spent with Kelli is some of my most cherished moments.  She has amazing kiddos.  She has 4 kids, and she makes it look EASY!  I'm dead serious!!  Owen is in boy heaven there...boys, boy toys, and lots of land to roam around on.  :)
Photobucket

I stole a few moments with her precious ones and my camera.  At first she didn't know if she liked it...
Photobucket

...but slowly she started warming up.  :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the end, she was much more comfortable and hamming it up!  It always happens like that.   :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

We also got to spend some precious time with my Grandma Susie.  We just got word last week that Grandma's cancer is back, and that they'll just make her comfortable until her end.  She's ready.  She wants to see Jesus and she wants to be with Grandpa again, but it is always hard to say good-bye.  I hope we've learned all we can from that generation. 
Photobucket

Are these two ever serious?!?
Photobucket

I think Grandpa has finally met his match in the ornery department.  :)
Photobucket
Yay for family and friends, and friends that are more like family than friends!  :)
~mj~

2 comments:

Weisenhorn Family said...

What a sweet post, I treasure our friendship! LOVE all of the pictures!! The kids had so much fun playing together--I can't wait to get them together again! My boys still talk about playing with Owen.

~mj~ said...

Oh Owen does too! When Michelle and I were there, he totally picked up on your name, saying, "Kelli...is that the one with the boys I can play with??" I just wish we lived closer! :(