...on this Mother's Day:
Owen randomly comes up to me and grabs a handful of my hair, pulling it to the front of my shoulder. Pleased, he says,
"There. Now you look like the girls in the magazine. With some in the front and some in the back."
He made me a craft at school for Mother's Day. As I pull it out of the wrapper, I started oohing and ahhing over the little kitty cat memo holder he made out of a ruler and paper clips. He tilts his head, and very matter of factly says,
"Oh yeah! I really worked hard on that!"
Gerad and Owen were waiting in the car for us today, so Owen was out of his car seat and was exploring the front seat of the car. He saw the square in the dash board and, of course, wanted to know what that was. Their conversation went something like this:
"Hey dad, what's this square up here?"
"That's an airbag, Owen."
"Oh, in case you crash, then it explodes?"
"Yes."
"Oh. What does it do that for?"
"Well, so if you crash, it blows up and keeps you from hitting the windshield."
(by this point, Gerad is...well...how do I put this? Owen asks SO many questions. Like, I mean ALL. DAY. LONG. At some point it is natural to disengage from the conversation. Just a teeny bit.)
Owen then says, dead seriously,
"Oh, and does it have a parachute too?
"Yep."
"And where does that come out?"
He doesn't leave time for Gerad to answer, and Gerad is realizing that this kid will not accept vague, or in this case, totally untrue, answers.
"Does it come out of the seat?"
Alright, the gig is up...Gerad had to admit that his car was not super hero caliber vehicle, and alas, it does not have parachutes.
This kid. Maybe he shouldn't watch so many super hero movies?
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment