Friday, May 13, 2011

Mariah's perspective

Mariah snapped her own pictures while we were on our vacation, and I loved getting to relive the experience through her lens.  I love her perspective, and I'm grateful that she preserved details that were different from my own. 

Being artistic, Mariah is always drawn to art in our world.  A side of our world that I often miss, because I don't look at everything through creative eyes.  This is a painting she saw at Disney...I would have walked right by, but she stopped and soaked it all in, and admired the artist's work.  I hope, someday, that she will try to recreate this for her own.
Photobucket

A passing ferry on our way in to Magic Kingdom...
Photobucket

Owen's excitement...
Photobucket

Her mama being a total goof ball...
Photobucket

The part in Expedition Everest when the roller coaster comes to a screeching halt because the tracks are out...
Photobucket

Ducks...one of many animals she stopped to enjoy while we were at Animal Kingdom.  I can remember the first time we were at Disneyland...she was six, and she INSISTED we stop to take a picture of a swan and her babies that lived in the moat around Cinderella's castle, and then insisted we write that experience in our autograph books.  I did, even though I hesitated to take the time, and I'm so glad now that I did.  Here we are 12+ years later, and she's still stopping to enjoy the stuff that I would have easily walked right past. 
Photobucket

She's also drawn to anything humorous...she LOVES to laugh...
Photobucket

I'm not sure what she was having him do here...?  LOL...
Photobucket

tsk, tsk...not supposed to take pictures of the monitors, but again, glad she did!  ;)
Photobucket

Turns out, after a LONG winter where we didn't see the sun much, that Owen's poor little eyes were very sensitive to the sun.  He had to have his sunglasses on to look out the plane window.  Pretty soon, we see from across the aisle, that he's put his sunglasses on his new beloved Baby Pluto...
Photobucket

...so Baby Pluto could look out the window too!  He never stops thinking, that kid...
Photobucket
~mj~

No comments: