Her big kick this year has been smoothies. Many days she'll make herself one for breakfast and then again when she gets home from school. She's even got me on them, and what an amazing start to the day...multiple servings of fruits and veggies!!
Here's one she made me...it was delicious! The color was so dark and beautiful I just had to take a picture of it!

So here's how you make a smoothie, al a Mariah:
You start with a little bit of milk (we use cow's milk, coconut milk, and soy milk)
Then you add whatever frozen fruits you like. We typically do: pineapples, grapes, peaches, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries...you get the gist. Whatever we can get our hands on.
She also likes to add raw organic spinach, when we have it on hand. See all the glorious layers of color and nutrition??

Then, she adds a great, big, huge pile of PEPPER!!

Wait, wha???
Just kidding!! She adds a nice, hearty scoop of these:

Chia seeds are fabulous! If you've never heard of them, you should look them up. I did, and we incorporate them into all we can. I even sprinkle them on my homemade (kinda...from a mix) pizza crust!!
She then will go one step further and add these:

Juice Plus takes 17 fruits and vegetables, juices them down, draws out any extra sugar, starches and waters. The powdered remains are chock full of nutrients and phytonutrients needed for health and wellness. They're encapsulated, so she just opens the capsules and mixes them right in with her smoothies.
What peace of mind, knowing that before she even leaves my house for the day, she's already has nutrients from 17 fruits and vegetables running through her blood stream! Wow! Can you imagine? When's the last time you at 17 different fruits and vegetables before heading out for the day? I love knowing that when she's pushing her body to the limit, running long distances for track and cross country, that her body is optimally fueled.
If you'd like more information about this fabulous product, just let me know...I can hook you up! ;)
~mj~
1 comment:
WOW!! that smoothie looks amazing!!! Almost as good as the ones I make with kale- except mine are a beautiful green...
It is so awesome to see more and more people taking Juice Plus, I LOVE it!!! It has helped my family and I make changes to our diet and we are now living a much healthier lifestyle. Keep up the great work!!
Post a Comment