Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Around the house...

Monday morning, after I took the kitchen "after" shots, I did something I rarely do, but love...snapped a few shots of things that make me smile right now.  We rearranged our living room, and put our old TV in it, and we're loving the change.

We had just dropped Nat off at school, and as he was playing with his airplanes, I realized what gorgeous light was streaming in the windows.  Quite uncharacteristic of January!  :)  Many things make me smile about this series.
~the raging bed head
~the leisurely feel of our mornings together.  I know they're numbered.
~the footie pajamas
Photobucket

Photobucket

My attention was then drawn to my Christmas card tree.  Don't worry, I realize it's February, and yes the decorations have been down and put away since Jan 3rd...but my cards?  I LOVE my Christmas cards!  I leave them out as long as possible.  Christmas cards are one of my favorite things about Christmas.  From Thanksgiving to New Year's I eagerly check the mail every day, to see what Christmas card goodness might be waiting for me.  I love the pictures, I love the letters, the updates from friends ~ I love it all!
Photobucket

A shot of the bed head.  :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's where we've scratched the kids' heights over the years.  Yes, I realize the woodwork will need to be replaced if we ever sell this place, but I'm good with that.  This board will go with me where ever I go.  If you look at the middle measurement...I'm guessing Owen did his own, at some point.  :)  It's ok...at least he did it on the right board!  :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pictures of my babies...I have literally wallpapered this place with them...I love, love, love pictures!!
Photobucket

When we rearranged the living room, we also hung some of Gerad's mom's artwork.  Each piece we have means so much to us.  Now we just need to get some of Mariah's artwork framed and hung!  :)  
Photobucket

More capturing the moment.
Photobucket

The view of the new kitchen from the front door, complete with the smudges on the cabinets, from where I was apparently trying to wipe up something.  ;)
Photobucket

Our old TV in a new space.  Love what rearranging does for a room!  :)
Photobucket

There you have it!!  That's our morning...puttering around the house, and just enjoying our home.  :)
~mj~

No comments: