Part of my lack of excitement in sharing is that, between the basement finish, and the kitchen demo, and the stomach flu hitting me the DAY the remodel was to begin...well, I just didn't photo document it as well as I'd have liked. I don't have any specific before pictures. I do, however, have these. I took these right after we moved in, and painted, to show the out-of-town family. Clearly I knew nothing about photography, or what time of day would look best in pictures, since I took them at night, with an itty bitty flash.
Before:

Before 2002

During...(Gerad and I were supposed to do the demo ourselves, to save some money. When I was knocked out with the flu, my wonderful brother-in-law came and helped Gerad tear the old cabinets out. I managed to get out of bed to snap just a couple of shots of the process.


And, AFTER!!! (The lighting in the middle of the room still needs updating, but with the new cabinets, I can't say it even bothers me anymore!) :)



Got rid of the old, nasty, bulky pantry, and replaced it with a much sleeker hutch.

We added the bar for added counter and cabinet space.

Gerad added under cabinet lighting. Well...he started to. It's still a work in progress. ;)


So there you have it. My new kitchen. I'm beyond thrilled! :)
~mj~
2 comments:
Very nice:)
Love seeing the new kitchen. It looks fabulous. You guys did a great job with it!
Post a Comment