Thursday, February 2, 2012

Every once in a while...

...I find a picture that moves me.  This is one of them.  I'm not sure what it is, about it, either.  The light...the black and white conversion?  Maybe.  I suspect it has more to do with who, than what.

My baby.

He was challenging baby.  By this, I mean he slept in 20 minute increments and didn't sleep through the night.  Ever.  He cried a lot.  Gerad said the other night, "I don't remember him being a challenging baby!"

Say wha??

No, we just called him MuFussa and Senior CrankyPants for no reason.

Talk about daddy sporting the rose-colored glasses!

He was a naughty toddler.  (case and point)

He cried almost every morning I dropped him off at preschool last year.

Now?  He's still highly driven, and active...but along the way, somewhere, there's been a transformation.  He's sweet, and he tries so hard to be good.  He is so loving and looks out for his mama like a good boy should.

He walks into his preschool classroom without tears.

Next year, he'll go to Kindergarten.  Having a little one home with me has been all I've ever known...at least for the last (almost) 16 years.  It's bittersweet.  On one hand I know I'll miss him.  On the other hand, I know he's going to do great things, and I can't wait to see them unfold.  :)

Photobucket

When I started reading the Hunger Games series, we got in the habit of sneaking 30 minutes, or so, of reading time in before we had to leave to pick up kids from school.  He loved this time, and would actually grab a book, (purposefully without pictures, like mine) intently stare at each page, turn, repeat.  He was really looking at the words too, because a few times, he'd see the word "own," and say, "Look mom!  It's half my name!"  :)


I was going for a shot of my office, when I took the above shot of Owen in the chair.  Obviously, I got distracted, but here it is.  My office.
Photobucket

~mj~

No comments: