Friday, February 24, 2012

Contemplating...

I'm contemplating several things regarding my photography business.  My little hobby-turned-business has been going strong for 3 1/2 years now, so maaaybe it's time to consider taking it to the next level.

Which means I have many, many things rolling through my head.

Like, I need to quit shying away from shoots because I'm afraid I won't be able to deliver...

Which means I need to buck up and shoot outside of my ideal circumstances....

Which means, lugging all  of my equipment, backdrops, and even (someday) lighting, into some one's home, where I have little to no control over the light and space restrictions may no longer be the ideal situation....

So, I'm contemplating a lot of things...

...one being, that it would sure be nice to have a studio...

so, I'm contemplating turning my office into a studio where I could shoot babies.

I could control the lighting.

I could control the space.

And I'd never have to sweat all the way to a first-time client's house because I didn't know what I was walking into regarding my shooting conditions.

(for the record, I've never had a house I *couldn't* shoot in, but some have been more of a challenge)

So, I bought a seamless roll of paper...

...and I tossed it up, made Owen squat in front of it, and I snapped a shot.

No lighting...

And...I think I may move in that direction.  Babies are what started this whole thing for me....
Photobucket

Maybe, someday....

I'm off to look at lighting options.

That's a first in 3 years....
....but it's time to stretch my legs.
~mj~

3 comments:

K :) said...

Go girl. You're a pro and take fabulous pictures. Keep expanding! I'm sure it will pay off.

Marie said...

Go for it!!! You take spectacular pictures.

Christol said...

Quit being a chicken and jump...you GOT this! You're fabulous!!