When I taught preschool, I loved all the treats and goodies my students brought in. I didn't, however, love the pounds that crept on because of this. For this reason, I typically try to shy away from my usual go-to chocolate bar for the teacher's Valentines. This year I found little magnet notepads for Owen's teachers Valentines from Hallmark. :)

Owen with his Valentine's Day loot from his class party.

Pop rocks are fun!!



I didn't get any pictures of the girl this Valentine's day. We all enjoyed a nice evening together at home. I compiled each one of my family members a list of 10 things I love about them, which were a huge hit. :) I love how Mariah is a-ok not following the crowd and standing on her own. I love Natalie's generous, sensitive heart, and I love how Owen looks out for his mama...among other things. On the bottom of each list, was their first clue for the scavenger hunt to find their Valentine's goodies. I made the girls' rhyme, and I drew Owen's clues in pictures. I know the girls are a little big for this, but they loved it all the same, especially since the only word I could think to rhyme with "through," was "poo". :)
I made a crowd favorite for dinner ~ Mayonnaise Chicken ~ I know, I know, it sounds nasty, but it really is good! ;) We got a free rental code from Redbox, and enjoyed the movie Thor along with THIS for dessert. Mmmm!!! (Actually, I didn't even taste it, I had blackberries and whipped cream, but it looked good!!)
We all went to bed feeling quite loved...
:)
~mj~
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful day:)
Post a Comment