Friday, January 27, 2012

It's been a warm winter...

Boys are a different breed, I tell ya.  Always fixing, altering, building, moving, improving something.  In a few years, I'll just have  him do everything for me. I *like* this mommy gig!  ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, so this one has nothing to do with the warm winter we're having but I thought I'd include it.  Shaving.  In his green bathwater.  A typical Monday morning 'round these parts.  :)
Photobucket

One day, I agreed to play Lego Batman Wii with Owen.  I wasn't feeling well, and the swirling, twirling images on the TV made it worse, so I handed him my remote and told him I just needed to shut my eyes for a second for the feeling to pass.  I had no intentions of napping.  I had kids to pick up in 30 minutes, I just needed the icky feeling to subside so I could function again.

Pretty soon, he pauses his game and shuts the lights off.  He only resumes his game for a teeny tiny bit, when I see him walk over to turn the volume almost completely off.  He returned and kept playing, sitting right beside me, in the dark and quietness of the room.  And my heart melted...

Sweet baby...I can can't believe he was so thoughtful.  I thanked him, and told him that he does a wonderful job taking care of his mama.

He looked very proud.

And I love him so very, very much.  :)
~mj~

1 comment:

Christol said...

Oh Owen, what a honey you are.