a) everyones eyes are open
b) Owen's not completely spazzing out
c) it's an accurate depiction of their very individual personalities.
Still, it didn't scare me off this year...this first trip was COLD and Mariah was not feeling well...but knowing I was OUT of time, we pressed forward.
I love railroad tracks. This one didn't make the cut because Owen's vest was bugging me. I wanted him to take it off, but he was too cold.

This one, I loved, because to me it captures my kids individuality, spontaneity and fun spirits. I didn't choose it because Natalie wasn't very engaged in the picture.

This one made if fairly far in the weeding down process. It captured each of them, they're all connected, Owen is...well, being Owen...but it just wasn't quite right.

This one was just about perfect, and ultimately that was what caused it not to be chosen. It's *too* perfect. Too posed. When does Owen EVER stand perfectly poised, and smile on command? It's lacking the spark of their very big personalities. Next!

This one is a little better than the one above because their personalities come out more...still, just not quite right. The fence in the background was WAAYY more than I could handle, distraction-wise. :)

A few days later, we headed downtown. I loved this one because they're all engaged in the photo. This one made it to the final 4 in my selection process.

This one was almost it. This was my second choice...I love the colors, the balance, everything. The wind was INTENSE that day, but in this photo it worked. I didn't choose this one, but I *almost* did!! :)

I loved this one, but Natalie vetoed it. I'm not sure why, but she didn't like it. Owen looks a little forced in it too, but this also made my top 4. :)

Now, to show you what I *did* choose.
....
...
...
Wait, I can't do that until I send out my Christmas cards!!
Soon, though, I promise.
~mj~
2 comments:
Can't wait to see, LOVED them all:)
Every one of those photos was just beautiful. Great subjects!!! Can't wait to see the final product.
Post a Comment