Tuesday, November 15, 2011

State!!!!!

Mariah had a great season in Cross Country this year.  So good, in fact, that both the boys and girls made it to State!  Here they are, on the start line at State a couple of weeks ago.  GO JAGS!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't know this when I took the picture, but notice Gerad and his friend, who we refer to as DD, in the lower left corner of the picture, cheering her on the home stretch.  SUPER cool!
Photobucket

Another shot I didn't realize I was getting...the lil' thing in the tie die shirt, pointing to the finish, is her coach.  We've definitely been blessed with amazing coaches.  The head coach has been coaching Cross Country for 29 years, and the girls' coach, that you see here...well, she such an encouragement and a positive influence.  :)
Photobucket

A personal best for this tough, tough course.  Seriously, there are hills SO steep on this course, that you can literally reach out in front of you and touch, as you're running up.  WOW.  :)
Photobucket
End result...a pr for Mariah and a top 10 finish of all 5A girls' Cross Country teams in the state.  Not too shabby!!  Excellent work, ladies...excellent work!  :)

And a great big, huge thank you to Mariah's cheering squad!  Nana and Papa Bruce brought Isabel and Josiah, and DD all came to help Gerad, Natalie, Owen and I all cheer Mariah on to the finish line.
Photobucket

I wish I would have gotten Mariah's face...she didn't know Isabel was coming, so she turned around, gasped and grabbed her into a huge, grateful hug.  She was so excited to see her there!  :)
Photobucket

Wow!  What a fabulous season!!  :)
~mj~

No comments: