Friday night, Madonna had a party to go to, and Mariah had to get her rest for her State Cross Country meet.


Saturday we headed to State, where Mariah ran a course PR and her team finished in the top 10 of all 5A teams in the state. (more on this to come)

That night, Mariah headed to a corn maze with the youth group, Natalie hung out with her cousin, and Owen went to Camp Nana while Gerad and I went to our neighbor's Halloween Party. RUN FORREST, RUN!!

Sunday was church, and I had another fabulous Senior shoot, Mariah had an afternoon of hair, makeup and a nice dinner out with her youth group gals. Sunday night, late, we carved pumpkins, and roasted the seeds.

Gerad said, "Maybe this year we shouldn't roast the pumpkin seeds."
This, of course, was met with a horrified gasp on my part.
"Well, I was just trying to keep it simple."
"There's a fine line between keeping it simple, and fun-sucking, buddy...careful."
We roasted pumpkin seeds. :)


Mariah was doing hers at 10:30pm, in her dressed-up attire from her evening out. :)


Halloween morning, finally! I got up and made 20 "witch's brooms," for Owen's preschool party.

Somewhere in here, I did a couple loads of laundry, washed my car, ran and paid my gym membership for the year (renews in Nov., nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh?), and went to the grocery store. Then...
we partied like a rock star at preschool, complete with a mouth full of chocolate for the picture. :)

After the party, Iron Man crashed for a bit, which gave me a chance to...

...make our annual Halloween dinner of mummy dogs. Of course, Miss Healthy (Mariah) won't eat hot dogs, so she just starved. ;)

Then we took 366432 pictures...






Iron Man flew in to save the day.

Then, I'm not sure what happened...things got....

well, they got a little hairy.
Literally.

For the record, I had NO part in this...I was just too tired to care, and definitely too tired to resist. Mariah came up from behind and managed to put all this on me. Gorgeous, no?

We trick or treated, but I don't have a picture ready to go of that, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Finally, we ended up in the driveway with the fire pit to roast marshmallows for s'mores, while passing out candy.

~phew~
We made it!! And fun was had by all...
...except I'm the only one home to clean up the aftermath of it all today...
:)
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment