Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Harry Potter, part 2

The windows in the area were spectacular!  They had sound effects and moving parts...this window had the screaming plants.  (Mariah's going to have a fit when she reads my descriptions of things...I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Harry Potter...seeing that I haven't read the books...but she's not here, so I'll just blab away like I know what I'm talking about)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is Olivanders...the wand shop.  See all the wand boxes in the window?
Photobucket

Photobucket

And then, at the very end of the area...Hogwart's castle rises above everything else.  It's like the icing on the cake!!
Photobucket

The ride, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, is inside the castle.  You walk through the castle to get to the ride, and again, the detail is just amazing!!  You even run into Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione and Ron, and it SNOWS on you, INSIDE the CASTLE!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
As you can tell, we just loved it.  The first time walking through the castle, I literally couldn't wipe the goofy, jaw-on-the-floor, grin off the entire time.  It was also exciting to hear all the detail from the books, that Mariah would point out, that was included in the design. 

Awesome!!
~mj~

No comments: