The best laid plans....
Since we weren't completely set on our plans while we were there, we just purchased our tickets at the gate. When we got there and saw that it was minimal additional funds to add one additional day, he suggested we do 2 at Universal. We hem-hawed around about it because one of our rest days was going to be our beach day, and the kids were really looking forward to that as well.
SooOoOoO...since the additional day at Universal didn't cost much more than the one day we'd already planned on, and since the park closes at 6 anyway, we'd just add on the additional day...head back, hit things we missed, repeat our favorites and leave by mid afternoon to hit the beach. The weather was a little chilly for beach weather anyway, so we thought this was our best option.
So on our beach day, we got up extra early and hit Universal ONE more time. :)
Upon walking in, we see Scooby and Shaggy!!

And then, we find....

"You GUYS!!! Ohmygosh!!!! IT's DAVE!!! I LOVE Dave!!!"
The kids are used to my theatrics, by this point and don't even bat an eye when I'm jumping up and down in the street.
The fact that we were 99.9% likely NOT to run into anyone they know probably helped...



Then we hit ET...this was one of my favorite rides as a kid...and it remains one today! Granted, ET had just come out when I rode it for the first time, but it still holds the same sentimental value...and I MUST watch ET with my kids again. :)

Hungry for more thrills, and for better coaster pictures, we hit the Hulk again too!

This right here, ladies and gentlemen, are my babies...going 60mph...upside down.
Excuse me. I need to go pull my heart out of my stomach now...


Closer up!


...and it was at this point that my camera went dead...or wait...did it? Hmm...my details are getting fuzzy...but at some point I had to start using Mariah's camera. Maybe it was here...?
I do know that at some point during our second Universal day we headed back to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for another Butterbeer, and one last hoorah on the Harry Potter ride. OH! And as luck would have it...we found Natalie's hoodie that she had left in the bathroom the afternoon before. It is her favorite hoodie, so the fact that we found it (obtained it from the bathroom attendant) is a little bit of magic in itself! :)
Next stop...the beach!! :)
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment