Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Personal project, 5x12 ~ stolen...

Last year, the super talented Tara Whitney, did a photo project.  One shot, each month, of their entire family.  I loved it.  It's not very often that I'm in front of the camera.  I often joke that I'm going to have to convince my kids that I was indeed a part of their childhoods, because there is no photographic evidence of me being there.  :)  We're skidding in at the very last minute, but I'm still happy to see all 5 of us in the same frame together.  These were taken the night of January 31st.  Dark outside, and cold.  We didn't photo-ready ourselves...the girls' were in their post-school day unwind, and Owen was still in his it's-too-cold-to-go-anywhere, lounge wear for the day.  In fact, it was taken at about 9pm.  We'd just gotten word that school would be cancelled the next day due to an impending blizzard, so everyone was in good spirits.  :)
Photobucket

Then Gerad got the idea to hold each of the kids like this for a shot:
Photobucket

Oh no...we can't take "normal" shots!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We're our own kind of normal.  :)
Photobucket

And I feel so, very blessed.
Photobucket

~phew~  Personal Project is still alive and well...and with 3 hours to spare!
Photobucket
LOL
~mj~
p.s.  Check out Tara Whitney, if you get the chance.  She's one of the photographers I blog-stalk on a regular basis.  :)

5 comments:

K :) said...

Great job, Missi!!! Love the photos. Feels good to know we might just be remembered as an actual family member. And, you look beautiful!!!!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I'm with Karol, you look beautiful! I never look like that at 9:00 p.m. lol I'm so excited to see your monthly shots now. You have an adorable family.

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm laughing at how you're all color-coordinated on a random night. :-) love this family!!!!

~mj~ said...

Oh my gosh, Jenni! I didn't even notice that! LOL!! Apparently we don't vary much in the colors we wear. :) If I had noticed...I probably would have made them change, since matchy matchy pictures arent my thing. LOL.

Unknown said...

Great pics! You have a beautiful family.