
Mariah appreciates my picture-taking obsession, and is always a good sport. The other two? Nah...not so much. They were more interested in playing, and that's ok too. Mariah even hiked down a very steep slope to get this snowy tree trunk. :) Here is a rare shot of Mariah, being serious. Actually, I think she was being sarcastic with me...maybe even lipping off...but it looks like we did it on purpose...that she's just sweetly standing there, in absolute adoration of her mother. Yeah...let's go with that last one. ;)

There's her trademark smile!

Playing peek-a-boo...

...and then she SLIPS!!!

Far be it from me to put the camera down and help her up the steep hill...oh NooOoOO...I'm too busy trying to hold the camera still enough for a clear shot, all the while laughing my head off at her.
(Yes, we've already started an account for any future therapy needs)

I only laugh because...well, it was funny, for one, and because the clumsy oaf role has been happily taken by me, for the past...well, forever. You'd think, being the normal one who is doing the falling...I'd be more empathetic. Nope. I just laugh, laugh, laugh, cause it's not me this time, baby!! :D

Ahh, who am I kidding...Mariah was laughing just as much as me. :)

Snowballs!!
Oh...not good. She's armed with snowballs + my uncontrolable laughter at her expense = me in a very precarious situation.
Mariah?
Mariah, I am your mother.
The one who birthed you?
Please don't pelt me with snowballs.
Aaahhh...my camera!! You'll hurt my beloved camera!!!

She didn't.
She wouldn't.
Oh yes she would.
But it probably didn't occur to her how vulnerable I was...camera in hand...unable to run after her and throw her into the nearest snow bank.
Crisis averted.


Oh happy day!
:)
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment