Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in review

I've never done a "Year in Review" post, but thought I would.  2010 was definitely not one of my favorite years, but I am happy to say I can look forward to 2011 with more peace and optimism.  :)

Check out last year's Santa picture.  It makes me sad they've changed so much in a year!  (Did Santa have all 10 fingers last year?  I can't tell...he was MISSING one this year.  The 9-fingered Santa...must have been a toy making accident.)  :)


We got a LOT of snow:

Owen got pneumonia...boy, history is repeating itself here!  Luckily, knowing his tendencies, we headed it off with an antibiotic and breathing treatments, this year!

In March, Owen cut his own hair...this was after I attempted to fix it.  :)

In April, Mariah turned 14:

We also finished our basement:

We also remodelled our kitchen, but I still don't have a before and after pictures put together of that!

In May, Owen goes to the dentist for the first time:

Natalie also turned 10 in May:

We celebrated this great guy on Father's Day:

We enjoyed the pool a LOT this summer:

We had visits from family:



We spent 4th of July at the lake:


Natalie and I got all decked out to go to the midnight premier of Eclipse.  :)


In August, Owen turned 4 and started preschool:


September brought Mariah's first homecoming, and Cross country:


October brought super heroes into our home:
Photobucket
November brought Thanksgiving and time with family, which brings us back to where we started. 

I'm glad I took the time to look back and review.  Sometimes it's easiest to remember all the trials and focus on them, rather than seeing and appreciating all the many blessings that are right in front of you.  I never posted about our trials of 2010 here, and now I'm glad.  The economy took it's hit on us this year, and it's still affecting us, but you know what?  I'm glad, when I look back through the year, THAT wasn't my focus...at least not here.  I'm filled with gratitude when I look at these 3 faces and still see joy, when there was a time when I wasn't so sure we could shield them from it all much longer. Thank God for His many blessings.  Praying for a better 2011.  :)

SEE ya 2010...don't let the door hit ya on the way out!!  :)
~mj~

No comments: