Saturday, January 15, 2011

Project 365...er...project 52...

Project 365 has been around for several years now and every year, about this time I think, "what a neat idea!  How fun to look back on your year in photos!!" ~ and then I do nothing about it because I didn't start it on January 1. 

Basically, in a nutshell, Project 365 is this:  take a picture, any picture, every day for the entire year and post it on your blog.  Sounds simple enough, right? 

Yeah, other than the fact that I take very few photos from January-March.  I'm not fond of indoor photography, it's definitely not my niche.  However, I can see it's just another area I'd like to improve in and how better to improve, than to practice, daily? 

So, I've decided to loosely do Project 52.  Try to document our family's days through photos, and post week in review post here, every weekend.  I look forward to this.  So, here's my first ~Week in Review~ post for 2011!

Sunday night we got snow...a lot of it, for us, about 6 inches at our house.  The kids had snow days Monday and Tuesday, so those day's pictures are definitely snow related.

Monday:  Me trying to capture the sparkle and shadows on the snow:
Photobucket

It gets me how the snow just falls straight down here.  I grew up on the plains of Colorado and our snow definitely did not fall straight down like this.  It blew and drifted like crazy.  I took a very similar picture last year.  This year's snow amount:
Photobucket

By Tuesday the snow had stopped falling and I was done shovelling, finally. 
Photobucket

And what's a snow day without lots of hot cocoa...
Photobucket

...and red hots and peanuts, of course?!
Photobucket

I must have skipped Wednesday...see why I say I'm "loosely" following it...ie., making up my own rules as I go along? 

That's how I roll.
lol

Thursday night I made a nice big pan of my favorite, lasagna!
Photobucket

Friday, Owen and I took a trip to Sam's and came up with a solution to our plastic storage containers mess:
Photobucket

Solution!  I'm very happy to be phasing out any and all plastics in my house.  Gerad takes his lunch to work almost every day and I start to twitch thinking about him reheating in these plastic containers.  Not to mention, one trip through the microwave and it pretty much ruins the container. 

Glass storage ware, here we come!! 
Photobucket

Maybe next week will bring pictures of the drawer above, all cleaned out and organized with my new glassware!  :)

Saturday, today, Mariah brought me some of her leftover green smoothie.  Girlie is a smoothie making fool...she has one for breakfast and one for a snack after school.  She varies how she makes them but they consist of spinach, yogurt, milk and frozen fruit.  Sometimes she uses chocolate soy milk.  My personal favorite is when she makes it heavy with berries...blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.  Owen does NOT like the seeds, but I love the darker smoothies.  Mmm...
Photobucket

And that's my week in review!  This could be fun!!
~mj~

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I've been wanting to get some glass containers forever. I just never do. I hate the plastic containers.