Just a couple more "out the door" shots of the girls as they head out to school....
O didn't want him to feel left out, so he nosedived into the sand too!
Good times. It was so rejuvenating to relax and chat (between fist fights, and sand throwing, of course) with a great friend. You know the friends that are more like family? Yeah, that's good. It's been awesome watching our boys grow up together. I look forward to many more play dates in the future.
We headed home from the park and threw the boys directly into the bath, where the fun continued. Lunch was served, then it was time for R to head home so both boys could get their afternoon naps. Somehow I'm thinking R took a longer nap than O. Surprise, surprise.
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my surgeries following O's c-section. I was in rough shape, this time last year. I am thankful to be going to the park for a play date and chasing around an active one year old, instead of being confined to a hospital bed, separated from my family. I will try to remember that the next time I *think* I need a break from them all. :o) During my separation from my family, all I wanted to do was be around them. My heart hurt for them. My body ached for them. Even after I was released to go home, but was still too sick to do anything but lay in the recliner...just even hearing their voices in the distance brought a great sense of calm and peace to me. My girls were amazing during that time. Their world was literally turned upside down. Their mommy was gone for 2 weeks, and then was out of commission for another 6 weeks. I've always known they were awesome kids, but they really stepped up to the plate when our family needed it. I missed them terribly, and I don't ever care to be away from my babies that long ever again. :o)
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment