Sunday, August 19, 2007

Busy, busy, busy...

School has officially launched and is off the ground. Both the girls have adjusted beautifully to their new schools.

Here's M and O...it's sprinkling, which is why O's face is all scrunched up. :o)




It's tradition, in our family, to take pictures every morning before school for the first week....or until we've run out of new clothes to model. :o) Here are a few pictures of the girls on their way out the door to school.




You know those moments...the ones that make your heart happy? I love seeing G interact with the kids, when he thinks I'm not looking. Ahh...love it! Such a good daddy. :o)
Stinkers! They're supposed to be cleaning, when I found them here. What are they doing? Well, M says N isn't helping clean enough so she stuffs her in the laundry basket and covers her with dirty towels. *Nice*
Further proof that this child marches to the beat of his own drum. He's thrown us curve balls since in-utero, why would teething be any different? If you look closely, you can see that he got his two bottom teeth as usual, but he got the top RIGHT tooth before his two top middle came in. Figures. I say we get to call him "hippo" if the left side comes in before his middle two. ;o) (He was NOT impressed with this picture.) :o)

No, he's not ornery...not at all!
This is what happens after two hot and humid soccer games. ~hot and tired~ (For the record, O shouldn't be hot...he hung out with Nana while we sat in the sauna watching soccer. Lucky guy!)

Add this one to my favorites list. This picture is just *him*. :o)
Today's date: August 19th, 2007. One year ago today, we were just getting home from the hospital, after O's c-section. It was a brutally long hospital stay, and I was SO very ready to go home. We were only home a few precious hours before things started getting dicey. This post c-section mommy started getting sick. Very sick. I'd slept through one of my pain pills and was late by only an hour. I was in so much pain in the upper section and lower right section of my abdomen that I couldn't even call for help, or roll to get out of bed. I had to reach up and bang on the wall to get G's attention. I thought this c-section stuff was for the BIRDS! I had no idea how other women seem to handle it so much better than me. It was the 102 fever, though, that caused us to call the on-call doctor. Go to the ER, we were told.
So, our first night home with little O, we spent in the ER. I was given a CT scan, but because my uterus was still enlarged from having just given birth, they couldn't see anything, and they sent us home. We got home around 5am, if memory serves me correct. G's parents were here, so they stayed home with the baby and the girls. Talk about frustrating! I was beginning to detest this hospital. I can't think of anything more eagerly anticipated than the birth of your child. You plan this perfect homecoming for nine months, eagerly anticipating getting to know this little life you've brought into the world...and well...when something goes wrong...that, I believe, is one of life's greatest let-downs.
~mj~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Olivia's teeth came in that way too! I guess it means they're meant for each other . . . :-)