Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Livewires

Yep. That's the word I would use to describe my kiddos. As I was looking through old pictures, I realized how many I have of my younger two getting into trouble. I don't have any pictures of the sort, on file, of my oldest and you can take that one of about three ways. 1) She was not ornery. 2) As my first child, I did not know how to fully appreciate such "spunk" and take pictures mid-crisis, like I do now. 3) It was before the day of digital photography, and even before the days of scanning in pictures. The answer? A little bit of all three.



In looking back, I'm glad I learned how to appreciate naughtiness enough to take the time to photograph it. It is these small moments I hope to preserve. I don't ever want to forget about the peanut butter incident, or the tantrum in line at Disneyland, or all the surprises I find nowadays in my fireplace (binkys, diapers, toys....).



I found so many ornery pictures of my younger two, I decided to dedicate an entire post just to that.





N ~ about two years old. How's this for resourceful. Lower the dishwasher, climb on and get the peanut butter jar off the cabinet. One fistful for you, and one for the dog. :o) Oh and a little FYI: peanut butter is the PITS to wash out!





N gets a hold of my eyeliner. The gap in the line is because she had her binky in at the time of the offense.
N
dancing with Max. Poor dog. No wonder he's become quite the recluse since O's become mobile. :o/
Not sure what the explanation for this one is. Just found her that way.
This is her throwing a tantrum in line at Disneyland. She did NOT understand the concept of waiting in line. :o)




Yes, that's her "carpet masterpiece". It would NOT come out, no matter what we did, so we moved the bed and sold the house! :o)







There are more....I just can't find them.


Also, I'm starting to second guess who O looks like. We've always said M, but looking back...Ay yi yi...he looks a lot like N too! I feel a "who's who" post coming very soon! :o)


Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the innocent curiosity of the little ones. It makes me smile to see the "cogs and pulleys" working within their little minds.
Miss N has been such a joy to watch grow. Maybe it is because so many of her actions remind me of a certain "free-spirited" Aunt...hmmm! :) The peanut butter incident reminds me of a certain little brother who got into the sugar bowl when we were little. (like daddy, like daughter) G-ma P took a snapshot of that moment of "naughtiness" too.
Boys, boys, boys...what can I say except welcome to the "mommy-of-boys club". I can see that Mr. O is going to be a busy little man, but a fun one.
The dishwasher door seems to be a fascination for all little ones. My little man, Mr. N was always climbing on the dishwasher door when it was down. I guess the fascination lies in the fact that it is at their level...perfect height for mischief.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I can see a lot of N in O. But they are both oh so cute!