Thursday, December 22, 2011

~2010~

Aaaand, we're caught up!!  If you're still with me, thanks for visiting our Christmas' past with me.  It's been a good reminder to me to slow down and enjoy...everything doesn't have to be perfect...just enjoy, don't stress.

See?  Ulterior motive, here?

This was last Christmas...these two were my cookie baking crew.
Photobucket

They worked diligently, until the bitter end, when the last cookie was cut out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

To this day, Owen STILL loves baking cookies with me.  :)  He's asked multiple times a day when we're doing it this year.  :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Natalie had a couple of Christmas parties to go to...one she dressed up for.  FUN!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Poor Max, and his ugly Christmas sweater.  Tee hee...
Photobucket

We enjoyed the lights...
Photobucket

...and just being together.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We made our annual trip to Bass Pro Shop for our visit with Santa...
Photobucket

...and greatly enjoyed all the games/activities they have out.  (Bass Pro does an AMAZING Santa-land for the kids, and they even give you a free 5x7 with Santa!!  Doesn't get better than that!!)
Photobucket

Love the shots of him walking up the walk to see Santa.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

~phew~  I needed this reminder.  This is what it's all about...smiles, and happiness, and if I'm stressing because I want everything to be perfect...well, those smiles just aren't there.

So, I've got a decent sized to-do list for today, but these pictures are etched into my mind...smiling, happy kids.  It is my goal to keep them that way.  :)

My heart swells.
I know how very blessed I am.
~mj~

1 comment:

Marie said...

When they are older, they will not remember if every detail was perfect...they will only remember what a wonderful feeling Christmas brought every year.