Monday, August 22, 2011

Serious conversations...

While we were in Colorado, we spent some (ok, a lot) of time with my dad.  Owen and my dad...well, there's no way around it...they remind me of each other.  Both very unique (strong) personalities, both very stubborn and strong-willed, and both with great big hearts. 

We were enjoying a beautiful morning on the deck, and Owen and Grandpa's conversation went something like this...

"So Grandpa, what do you think of the Republican ticket for this upcoming election?"
Photobucket

"Well Owen, I just don't know, but someone has GOT to do something.  The two sides have got to come to an agreement on this debt ceiling thing, and we have GOT to balance the budget.  Whatever guy that can help our great nation accomplish that will get my vote!"

Nah...

In reality, it went more like this...
"Hey Owen, do you think I look funny in this helmet?"
Photobucket

"Nope."

"Why not?!  I think you look funny in it!"
Photobucket

Gee thanks Dad...you single-handedly un-did years of preaching bike riding safety, and helmet usage. 
~mj~
:D

No comments: