Monday, June 13, 2011

And she did it!!

I'm so proud of my girl.  I have made no secret about the fact that I much prefer real photographs to posed or perfect portraits.  A picture will bring a smile to my face if I can see the relationships in it, or feel the emotion behind it.  I'll frequently tell clients that sure, I'll pose them a little, but it's what happens AFTER the shot, that makes a picture worth it's weight in gold. 

This past weekend, we took our annual summer trip to the outdoor theater.  Mariah grabbed the camera and started shooting Gerad and I...and here it goes...the shot is set up....
Photobucket

...feel the emotion?
Photobucket

There it is...there's the money maker...check out our smiles.  (and my big ol' wad of gum...geeze...)
Photobucket
I've never specifically told Mariah to shoot this way, but I'm so, so glad she did!!
~mj~

2 comments:

K :) said...

Could you two be a little bit cuter???? Good gravy! Love these pictures. How fabulous to have that love documented. Great job, Mariah.

Christol said...

Nice job Mariah! Love the photos of the cute couple:)