He took it very seriously!

He'd just made a play, and he looked over to Gerad and the girls, gave them a wide smile and a thumbs up! I about melted into a big sappy puddle right then and there.

It's HERD ball! They're on the same team, but they're totally battling over the ball. Can you tell? Oh my gosh, I was giggling the entire time. They're just so darn cute!!!

Up to bat...he gives it a whirl...(check out the tongue. All the greats stick their tongues out when they're concentrating. Remember Michael Jordan? Yep. Totally.)

...but doggone it...

...it was a foul ball. (Nice follow through, though buddy!)

He only had one foul ball the entire game. Here's his second swing...

...and he NAILS it!! :)

Our tiny batter, taking 2nd base. Why didn't I get him taking first? I don't know. Why do I or don't I do anything I do? (clear as mud?)

Patiently waiting to head to 3rd...

Running for 3rd...watching the other team to make sure they're not going to get him out. (Even though there are no real outs in this beginners league) :)

What is it with this kid and the catchers helmet? I hope he gets to play catcher once so he can wear that stinkin' helmet he seems to be so infatuated with!
Of course, when they WANT him to wear it, it will be too hot, or too heavy...and he won't want to then. That's the way things seem to work with this one. Or all of mine, for that matter. *shrugs*

Next time up to bat! He has a great hit!

Check out the T...he didn't even touch the T this time. :)

First swing, and a run to first! :) (I'm not up on my baseball lingo, but that sounds pretty legit. Right?)

Making sure he's touching the bag. Or maybe he's doing step aerobics on it. Who knows!

Now he's playing pitcher. At first I was like, huh? Pitcher? In T-ball...but the pitchers actually see quite a lot of action, as that's where most kids hit the ball. OH...OKAY! I'll get there...just give me time. This is my first boy! :)

And...I'm not sure what he's doing here...I think he's running after a ball. Whatever it is he was doing, looks like VERY serious buisness.

Needless to say, he LOVES it!!
~mj~
2 comments:
Awww Owen!!!! So cute! I see the little t-ball players at our fields and they are so tiny. It's hard for me to believe Rhiannon and Joey were ever that small. If Owen continues to play, it's going to get so exciting! Baseball is just much more exciting than softball most of the time. :)
I think he's hooked..CUTE! Catchers are the coolest players ya know;) Can't wait to watch his progress, I'm sure he is going to be fantastic!!
Post a Comment