Sorry about all the turned pictures today...blogger was NOT cooperating with me. I'm not sure why it turned them...frustrating.
ANYWHOO...Owen has JUST started drawing things that REALLY look like things. Obviously, I can't keep every piece of artwork, but I do try to capture my favorites on camera, so I have a digital backup. :)
This one was his very first person. He came to me and asked if bones were yellow, and I said sure. SO, the yellow you see (yes even in the eyes), he tells me, is this person's bones. I love his attention to detail. Fingers, eyelashes and the two big red blobs on the arms are his muscles. :) The big circle around the person means he's in water. I was impressed he has that much detail for his first obvious drawing. Mariah had detail like this...maybe he'll be artistic like big sis??
This is a truck with Gerad, Mariah, Natalie and Owen in it. The black thing on top is a ladder in the ladder rack. I'm chopped liver. I didn't make the cut to be in the truck. This is a spider:
This one is Mommy holding Max:
This is Max as a puppy:
And this is Max as a big dog:
These are his first drawings. They've gotten even more detailed since then. I love it!!
The other day I was out running errands with Owen. Running errands with my preschoolers has always been one of my favorite things. They're SO sweet and mature at this age. I scooped him up and smothered him with kisses and asked,
"Owen are you my baby??"
he thought for a minute and corrected,
"I'm YOUR baby, but I'm not A baby."
Fair enough. :)
Yesterday we were headed downstairs, when he pulls the door open, hesitates, then dramatically steps aside and says, "Ladies first!!"
Oh how I love my little boy. :)
~mj~
2 comments:
"Ladies first" So sweet! I love his drawings. I think little boys are just so sweet. Your relationship with him reminds me of me and Joey. The deal with blogger and photos...are you using the new editor tool?
New editor tool?
Post a Comment