Sunday, September 26, 2010

Homecoming 2010

Homecoming dress shopping with this girl wasn't what I thought it would be....

We were in and out in under 2 hours.  She tried on 5, maybe 6 dresses...this is the one she liked.  Our conversation went something like this:

Now picture this...Mariah is the girl, that in 4th grade I quit making her wear dresses.  They're just not her thing.  She walks out of the dressing room and stands with her feet a foot apart.  Looks down at the dress and looks back at me and says,

Mariah:  "I like this one.  What do you think?" 

Me:  "Well, I like it, but it's more important that you like it.  How MUCH do you like it?"

Mariah:  "I like it."  she shrugs.

Me:  "Well, on a scale of 1-10, how would you rank it?"

Mariah:  "An 8?" another shrug...

Me:  "Ok...well, do we need to keep shopping for a 10?" 

Mariah:  "If I say it's a 10, can we be done shopping?"

That's my girl!!  No muss, no fuss.   :)

~mj~

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I just gasped when I saw the first photo. And yeah, got a little teary eyed. :) Beautiful girl!!!! I love the dress!

Christol said...

I ditto Carmen's comments. Where did our baby go? She is absolutely beautiful and I love the dress.