Here are some iphone pics of the process of dress shopping for Homecoming with Mariah this year.
It should be noted that Mariah
a) hates shopping
b) is reluctant to let me spend too much money on her
c) is SUUUPER picky
d) did I mention she hates shopping? (I'm not sure *where* she came from)
My iPhone didn't capture the color of this dress...it was WAAAY more neon in person. (and a tad too big)

One of the front runners...

Obviously the one she chose...she's holding back tails on the bow that we altered off, once we bought the dress.

She liked this one ok, but said it was WAAAY too itchy, and sparkly.

It came down to this one or the one we got. I like the one we got, of course. ;)

Before the tailectomy we performed on the dress. Ok, this one made it to the blog because of me. I'm clearly, totally and completely enjoying the process...

Mariah on the way home. She hates shopping so much, it literally wiped her out!

Here was the process. She'd try on a dress. It would be too short, too sparkly, too gawdy, too long, too foo-fooey, too...you name it. She'd find one she half-way liked and she'd look at the price tag, shudder and put it back. Finally, we had ONE more store to check that was across town. I told her before we went in, if she even looked at a price tag, I was going to kill her. She needed a Homecoming dress, and as much as I love her for her frugal nature, there's the small detail that Homecoming dresses COST MONEY!
Whew...we found one, altered it to make it more "her," and I think we were all happy with her choice. Well worth the effort.
I think. :)
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment