Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dirty Jobs

Our front yard is sinking.  This summer's drought has pulled the soil even further away from our house, so Gerad went and got a yard and a half of dirt to refill the low spots.

He even enlisted a few helpers.  :)
Photobucket

Well, this one mostly played, but he *thought* he was working, and that's whats important.
Photobucket

See the spot in the middle of the picture, where the concrete has a part projecting out from the front porch?  Yeah, that should be under ground.  Now to be clear, this was taken after Gerad had dug out some of my bed plants so he could shove dirt up under our front porch, but it was pretty bad.  (just not as bad as it appears here)
Photobucket

Oh yeah, he thinks he's SUCH a hard worker.  ;)
Photobucket

This one really WAS a hard worker.
Photobucket

Still working hard...
Photobucket

This shot was originally what I refer to as a deleter.  I would normally have deleted this one because his face is covered, and...well, I love artistic shots, and creative angles as much as the next person, but I love my baby's face more.  Anyway, when I opened this up on the computer, I loved it... I love how you can see the dirt flying, at the bottom of the page.  We saw a LOT of dirt fly this weekend.  :)
Photobucket

Again, you're NOT supposed to see this part of your concrete, and again, this was after Gerad and Mariah dug out so they could shove some under the sidewalk.
Photobucket

There!  Done.  MUCH better.  :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I would like to note that Natalie cleaned the entire kitchen, opting out of the dirty job on Saturday.  However, on Sunday I told her to suit up as Mariah was working on art, and I didn't want daddy out there working alone.  She was quite a worker too.  :)

~mj~

No comments: