Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A beautiful mess

I was feeling a little...well...emotional, when it hit me that I was living out my last days as a mom to preschool children.  So, I decided, rather than be all emotional about it, I'd preserve as much of it as possible...down to the small, seemingly insignificant details.  :)

For instance, when I let Max out one morning, I saw that Owen's beloved Iron Man had spent the night outside.
Photobucket

Owen ALWAYS has some sort of art project going on.  He helps himself to the art cabinet.  He monkey-climbs up to the sink, to get his own paint water.  He leaves tiny specks of paper, from his intricate cutting, all over my floor.  ;)  I walked by this, and before I cleaned it up, I just had to preserve it.  I resisted the urge to move anything or pose the shot to make it more perfect...complete with Nat's phone wristlet and my gaping open purse.  This is real, for our house.  :)
Photobucket

Different lighting...
Photobucket

Breakfast!
Photobucket

Digging for his last show'n'tell of preschool...
Photobucket

Darn allergy meds make it nearly impossible to stay awake all day.
Photobucket

His superhero friends are never far away, though!  :)
Photobucket
~mj~

No comments: