Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thoughts...

1.  I was feeling quite domestic, thinking how amazing the house was smelling, with my apples and spices simmering in my slow cooker, making my friend Christol's apple butter, found here, when Owen walks in, take a whiff and says,
"What smells stinky?"

2.  Isn't that why we have kids?  To keep us humble? 

3.  I didn't have the exact ingredients as Christol did for the apple butter, so I thought I'd just wing it. 

4.  The last time I "winged it," was a massive flop?

5.  I'm pretty sure the flop part was putting baking soda instead baking powder in the pumpkin bread...ga-ross.

6. I edited over 125 pictures yesterday, and I have about 1500 more to sort through and narrow down.


7. I'm glad to be busy, but man it can be overwhelming, especially with the kids on four day weekend.

8.  I just got back from Natalie and Mariah's conferences, and can I just say how blessed I am with great kids and amazing teachers?

9.  Wow.  :)

10.  And because the kids are fighting, and I can't think straight...
and because I REALLY need to get back to those 1500 pictures...
and because I can't post without a picture...I'll leave you with this picture of Mariah at Homecoming....more on that to come.  :)
Photobucket
~mj~

No comments: