Monday, October 17, 2011

Ahhh yeeaaahhh....

I took a little time out this weekend, amidst our crazy, crazy October schedule, to spend some quality girl-time with one of my best friends.  She happens to also be crazy-talented at doing hair too, so I always leave looking MUCH better than when I come in!  ;)

Her salon is super beautiful with a wall of full windows to our right.  I've always loved the light in there, so this time I took my camera with me and captured the entire process.

The consult.
Photobucket

The foils...bring ON the bleach!!
Photobucket

While she's in the back room mixing the color.
Photobucket

The glorious color.
Photobucket

Kathy hard at work.
Photobucket

Ok, so that window back behind the hair color is what I'm talking about.  Glorious...I just couldn't get enough!  :)
Photobucket

Still working.
Photobucket

Super cute salon details.  No wine for us this time.  Just water.  :)
Photobucket

More dramatic light.
Photobucket

Kathy and I have been great friends for 11+ years now.  We used to do each other's hair in our kitchens, after a trip to Sally Beauty Supply.  She went to cosmetology and is just crazy good at what she does. We always laugh until our smile muscles hurt, and what a gift it is to have a friend who you can laugh like that with. 

When she was finally finished with me, she noticed that her naturally curly hair had overcome her earlier flat ironing, so she started touching it up.  I grabbed the iron and told her to have a seat, and proceeded to "be the hair dresser" for a moment.  The owner of the salon said, "Well that's not something you see every day!"  lol...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ahh yeah...that is EXACTLY what I needed!!!
Thank you, thank you Kathy!!!
~mj~

No comments: