Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Part two...

Just a few more incriminating pictures... The more I look at them, the more I can visualize my life as a very young child, where memories aren't necessarily there anymore. See, my O-ie is the "me" of our family. There's something so unique about being the baby of the family with siblings much older than you. The baby of the family typically doesn't fall short on attention, but when you've got a brother (or sister, in O's case) 6 years older, and a sister 10 years older...you get A LOT of attention. :o)

To add to that, I was the baby of my dad's entire side of the family, and O-ie is the baby of my entire side of the family. How's that for ironic? I love that my mom always had my hair fixed in pictures. When my girls used to fuss about me fixing their hair, I'd remind them that *someday* they'd look back and thank me for making sure they were clean and combed. (well, mostly)

Always a BIG grin on my face. What a lovely childhood.
I had some HAIR!
I idolized my sister. I can remember just sitting there, watching her intently as she fixed her hair and put her makeup on. Most kids have one mama bear looking out for them. I had two.
Ahh...a flair for the finer things at a precious young age. ;o)

You know something else I noticed...I don't even shudder at the 80's fashions...I think they're quite cute. Good taste, mom! (that is until I hit the dreaded in-between years and my mom started letting me pick...oh boy, she did good at just letting me be me, but yeeah..some major fashion faux pas then!) (I like this picture because I think my baby boy looks an awful lot like me)


I found countless pictures of this same scene...my brother having a slumber party, and me crashing it. IN his sleeping bag with him. He never appeared to mind either.
I can remember loving this sailor outfit. Hmm...well, it's not my favorite now...but come on...this was like 1982 here. :o)
Ok, that's all...man I love old pictures. I love eyeing our hair, our clothes, our expressions and even the background. I mean, check out the stylin' abode! Screams 80's, sure, but I'm sure it was *nice* back in the day. ;o)
~mj~


No comments: