Friday, June 13, 2008

Friends

How's this for a flashback? Here are pictures of me with two of my best friends from my childhood. We had a chance to get together when we were back home, and it was like no time had elapsed since we'd last seen each other. It was awesome, and I'm so thankful we got to see each other.

Here's B and I in our PJ's, all ready for a sleepover...oh I don't know...probably 1982? Here's me (my sister, on the right) and my best friend K. K and I have kept in contact over the years, and talk on the phone almost weekly. Man, do I miss her. I so wish we lived closer.
Here we are, all grown up with kids of our own. Now *that's* hard for me to wrap my mind around...*we* should still be our kids' age, out rugratting around! B has two GORGEOUS, sweet, and amazing girls. I fell instantly in love with them, and B hasn't changed a bit. In fact, neither of my friends have changed. If anything they've gotten better ~ the brats! Between the three of us, we have 8 kids. Their kids feel like home to me. I look at them, and I see their moms, so of course I think their kids are pretty awesome. And they are! Amazing kiddos.
This was also my first time meeting K's youngest baby boy. I just could have eaten this little guy up. He's gorgeous, and friendly and cooperated so nicely as I shoved my camera in his face. I've got to get something put together with these shots, for K. I wanted to pack him in my suitcase and take him home with me, but for *some* reason, his mom wouldn't let me. ;o) Could he be any cuter??? ithinknot.
Awesome times. The highlight of my summer, for sure. You know, as an adult now with kids, I can look at my friends, reminisce of good times we had as kids and realize how lucky I am to still be in touch. I think it's a rare and precious gift, to carry the same friends with you over the course of your life. People move, lives get crazy hectic with kids and schedules, work...but we all have one common bond ~ a small hometown in CO. No one knows me better than than these two gals here, and that's just a good, good feeling.

Now we just need to get the rest of the gang together. C & A, you know I'm talking about you!

~mj~

No comments: