Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Flashback...

When we were home for Memorial Day, my step-mom gave me a big batch of childhood pictures. Man, was it fun taking a trip down memory lane. This is my first memory. I know, I've heard it before...I'm pretty young to remember that, maybe I am remembering the picture? No. It's a real memory, and in my memory it's not the back of my head (camera's perspective), I can remember that day very clearly. :o)
I can remember my parent's red and white bedspread too! Of course, I don't remember how old I was when they got rid of it, I was probably much older by the time they moved on from this one. Funny thing is, I can't, for the life of me, remember what they got AFTER this one. We used to go skiing as a family, and I was on snow skiing at a young age...I'm thinking I'm about 5 here. (mom?)
I think I know where my strong desire to make my kids' birthdays so memorable comes from. My mom made some quite memorable birthdays for me. Check out the super cool Big Bird cake...those puppies take some TIME!
Um...my dad had ABS at my age? Wozers...
My mom was a fit little thing too. Yeah, I think she was wearing 12/14 little girls this summer. Mom of three that she was! (My mom's the middle one, holding the cake)
Another super cool birthday cake ~ Cookie Monster!! I can remember that cake too...
The age gaps between my kiddos and me and my siblings is exactly the same. I see a lot of similarities in the relationships as well. N and O are a lot like my brother and I, only gender reversed. :o)
I'm not sure who took this picture and cut my sister out of it, but I thought it was a cool picture of my parents. Jeepers!! Look how young they look!


~mj~

No comments: