Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I *heart* Craigslist!!

O-ie had gotten quite efficient at escaping his crib over the past several weeks. So efficient, in fact, that he could scale it in about 10 seconds, flat. Ai yi yi...

So, we discussed a variety of options. The first being putting up a crib tent so he could no longer escape. The longer we went without putting it up, the more I realized what a losing battle we'd be waging. You see, O-ie has the strongest gag-reflex I've ever seen, and when he's upset, he vomits. He doesn't take to kindly being in a confined area, so ultimately I knew the crib tent would be a battle I wouldn't win.

So after watching his favorite movie, Cars, with him one night we saw a Lightning McQueen bed. G has never been too keen on the idea of a crib tent, so when I mentioned O-ie liking that, he jumped on board. We were all geared up and ready to get one, only to find out that they're not sold anywhere locally, and they cost $116 (on top of the cost of the bed) to ship! Drat!

So, I started searching my local Craigslist, and low and behold lookie what I found for $30! Yay!

I love Craigslist: He was SUPER excited!
It's been three nights in the race car bed, and he's doing great!! :o) Buh-bye crib/tent! :o)

~mj~

1 comment:

Vito, Jenni, Olivia, and Eli said...

I love craigslist too! It's the best! I get all kinds of stuff from there and sell things too!! :-)

YAY! I am SOOOOO happy for you! YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! No more bedtime battles! For now, at least! ;-)