That's what I've felt like for the past week or so. Less like a mommy, and more like a warden. Nice.
No, in fact, I know all too well that eventually I will pass my "crabbies" on down the ranks until we're all one big crabby family. I hate to see my girls using crabby tones with each other, and yet there are times when it's like they are just mirroring my tone. Scary.
But the fact of the matter is, three kids and all their *stuff* and *activities* and *schedules* and *homework* can get overwhelming from time to time. I love the chaos having kids brings. Really, I do. But occasionally, I need to be able to catch my breath too.
Last night, as I was climbing my utterly depleted self to bed, I notice an envelope very carefully decorated and labeled: To Mom. It was a homemade card, from N. and it reads:
"Hi mom. I love you. by mom. I love you. I love you mom. I love you mom. rit back." ~ and it has a picture of she and I. I am not looking so warden'ly...I look quite pleasant in her picture, actually. It's obvious to me how painstakingly she drew me to be...pretty. Pleasant. Wow. Back down to earth and what is really important. I think I'll keep it forever (with all the other bazillion things I can't bring myself to get rid of) and pull it out when I am feeling blue. The message is simple. I. am. loved. (And yes I did "rit" back) Thank you God, for sending that message to me through your faithful little messenger. :o)
So, today I start fresh. I'm welcoming all that is positive back in my life, and pushing out any negative....welcoming harmony back into my home and into my life. :o)
Just look at these faces. Do they look like faces that need a warden? Ithinknot.
No comments:
Post a Comment