Monday, October 1, 2007

All ready for Fall!


The fall decos are UP!
I redecorated my mantle. My mom wanted to know what I (we) wanted for our anniversary. I initially said new rugs for my kitchen (I loathe the ones I have) but we looked and nothing really grabbed me. Then I said I wanted some new things to jazz up my mantle. While we were shopping, I found the clock and fell instantly in love with it. So the clock and the arrangement on the left were for our anniversary ~ thanks, mom! The rest is stuff I already had, I'm just displaying it differently. It's not finished yet ~ the clock needs moved down a couple of inches, and I'll probably throw a black frame with a black and white print of my three favorite kids, but it's heading in the right direction. :o)

We've been looking for a piece for our TV to set on for months now. Someday, maybe we'll find the perfect piece. So, for now...ignore that part of the room, please. :)


Ok, nothing incredible about the decos in the kitchen. A couple of fall towels (LOVE the little black spider) and a Apple Crumb Cake candle from Sugar Shack Candles ~ still thought I'd share. I like the lighting in this picture, more than anything. :o)



I also did a make over in the girls' ~ whoops! I can't really call it that anymore, can I? Ok, I did a makeover in the kids' (there!) bathroom. After G put down the slate tiles, the blue aquatic theme was SO not working for me. I know, I tend to be a bit too matchy, but I really think it's nice to have this bathroom all back on the same side of the color wheel. :o)



See, can you imagine royal blue with this slate? *shudder* ;o)

~mj~

No comments: