
The new street lights went in after the tornado, I believe.

When we were kids, this is where you could go to get cowboy gear needed for the farm...boots, hats, jeans...it even had bolts of material. My grandma took me in to pick out my favorite material, and made me a quilt. I still have it. :)


Main street.

The grocery store:



The train depot...now home to the library.



I love our hometown. It's a small farming community, and not to sound like Cheers here but, where everyone knows your name. Gerad grew up on a farm. His dad is a farmer. My dad was not a farmer, but a well driller, and I too grew up on land, out in the country.
My mom ran the pool, so my summer days were spent swimming. I had free reign and would spend my evenings riding my bike around the entire town, without limit, finding my way back to my friend, Kelli's house, only when the street lights came on. We played long and we played hard. It was a wonderful childhood. I'm blessed to still be wonderful friends with Kelli. When I spend time with her, it's good for me...I feel that carefree childhood, somehow, all over again.
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment