Friday, January 24, 2014

Hanging at the meets...

Over the 6 years that Mariah ran Cross Country, the kids got quite comfortable with the downtime at the meets.  Owen runs up and down the finish line as we wait for Mariah.  This is good so I can make sure my camera settings are right for when she comes by.  

He collects an odd assortment of nature's treasures...

Oh hey, there she is!!!  Go Mariah!!!

After the race, there's plenty of time to play around while we wait for the medals ceremony.  Now I'm not sure how this all went down, but this looks mighty suspicious.  First, Owen is (reluctantly) pushing a kid he just met in the swing...

The next picture, Owen has a much different look on his face...and look who's not in the swing. 

(Owen!)
(For the record, I have no idea what really transpired, or how much time had passed between the pictures.  I was standing there taking pictures, and I didn't notice anyone being disgruntled.  I just found it odd when I looked back through.)
 
Nat reads...
 
Man, I'm really gonna miss these next year. 
~mj~

No comments: