Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ice Cream Magic

For MONTHS, Owen would come running to me, with absolute urgency, to tell me of this awesome, amazing invention.  Ice Cream Magic.  (My kid, may or may not be the type to fall for infomercials hook, line and sinker, but that's another post for another day.)  FINALLY, I looked it up.  It's cheap little ice cream making contraption, that I'm sure works, but you have to order it, and pay shipping, and...well, I just didn't.

What I did, was explain to him how it works, and let him know we could do the exact same thing with some zip-loc baggies!  He was super pumped!  :)
 photo 108a-3_zps24791ca4.jpg

He wasn't totally sold that it would work...
 photo 113a_zps0ac44643.jpg

...moment of truth...
 photo 118a_zps3a9655b1.jpg

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!  It worked!!  ICE CREAM!!!!  :)
 photo 124a-1_zps6dc2be66.jpg

 photo 125a_zpsf7b4f069.jpg

It was a hit.  :)
 photo 131a_zps9707deca.jpg

 photo 132a_zpsd43aeedf.jpg

It was a total coincidence that a week after I showed him how zip-loc baggie ice cream worked, that I ran across an Ice Cream Magic in the As Seen on TV section of K-Mart.  I just had to get it.  It works too, but makes MUCH less ice cream than the ol' zip-loc baggie trick.

Either way.  Making ice cream + summer = one happy boy.  :)
~mj~

No comments: