My mom was over before we headed out to Owen's big event (blog post coming soon), the day she snapped the pictures of my family. After she was done snapping us, Sweet Owen insisted that she get in a few pictures with him. She immediately started the, "Oh no! I look terrible," routine.
"Oh thanks Owen, but how about another time when Nana is fixed up?"
OH I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
You can't complain about never being in any of my pictures and then avoid having me take them! Besides, I think my mom looks beautiful. I don't think she looks old enough to have been a grandma for nearly 17 years!!


So I won...I took some pictures of her, and I'm so glad Owen initiated it for me. He really is very sweet like that, always looking out for everyone around him. Sometimes I get caught up in the "needing to look the part," for picture too, but then I'm missing the entire point. Pictures so important to me. They always have been. Capturing these years...these best years of my life, as I raise my kids...is precious to me.
And so is my mom.
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment