My mom got her dining set when I was a very small child. I don't remember exactly, so I was pretty young. It didn't take long for my kids to find that I had written my name on the underneath side of the table, sometime in my early elementary years. They got a kick out of that!
Every Sunday we would have a pot roast on these dishes after church. It was the one day of the week we sat and ate in the dining room. My mom would always set a formal table for the occasion. Many times we had guests over for Sunday dinner as well. Such great memories of our family, dressed in our Sunday best, sitting around the dining room table, eating a delicious meal. I love that my mom took the time and effort to make Sunday dinners such a memory.


Also in the china hutch are my grandmother's tea cups. I think they're beautiful...


~mj~
2 comments:
How lovely! So nice that you could inherit such a nice family heirloom. :)
What a wonderful memory to inherit:) LOVE the teacups.
Post a Comment