Saturday, March 27, 2010

Basement finish, take 2

We went to CO for a bit and came home to sheet rock and trim! Each step was so exciting to watch unfold. It's starting to take shape!! :)And then we started painting...is that BLUE I see on the walls?!?! (those of you who know me, know that I've NEVER done blue in my house, ever.)Paint color is always SO hard for me to pick out. Gerad has been very preoccupied with work, so my normally very opinionated husband took a full step-back and asked that I just make all the decisions for the basement...color, carpet...what?!?!!? Decision making is NOT a strength of mine!

So we put 4 different color swatches up on the walls. I originally wanted to go with a nice, bright granny smith apple green. (think: bright and cheery...it is a basement, afterall.) I thought it would go really nicely with the white trim...but it looked TERRIBLE with our couches, and even though it's a different family of green, we have a lot of green on the main level. (Not to mention, my brother-in-law informed us it looked like vomit ~ ha!) We'd also put a few blue swatches up, and I was loving them....so that's the route we took. Talk about nervous! I didn't want it to go "nursery blue" and I didn't really want "beachy blue", and I certainly didn't want "dusty blue" (circa late 1980's, early 1990's...country blue and peach, or country blue and mauve...yeah, I did NOT want that)...I wanted..."peaceful and relaxing blue"....and after debating 3 different blues we chose Yarmouth Blue, and I'm very happy! :)

The finished product, coming up soon! :)
~mj~










1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Do I even need to tell you that I love that color? :) One of my favorite colors! It's so pretty.