Thursday, November 12, 2009
Trash to treasure, take 1
Last year, when we put our house on the market, we had to do some rearranging of our furniture. This meant in our kitchen we were back to our original little farm table that G and I got when we were first married. Over the years, the chairs that matched it slowly died, so we were left with a table (that is entirely too small for us now) with no chairs. Not knowing how long this new furniture arrangement would be around (we were doing it for staging purposes only), I wanted to go as frugally as I could. I found 4 chairs at Goodwill that I reupholstered, but being a family of 5 left us one chair short for Owen. I knew what I wanted, and I knew the only place I was going to find it was at a thrift store, so I started keeping my eyes out. Lo and behold, I came across this beauty one day and it was exactly what I wanted!
Beauty? Eww is more like it, I know... So, I sanded it down and let the O-man take a hammer and a big wrench to it, to distress it. Then I put a couple coats of my favorite black paint, which is more of an off-black than a true black, sanded the edges for more distressing, coated it up good with polycrylic and viola!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job! I love it!
Post a Comment