We had a wonderful, fun-filled Halloween. It started off with Nat and her soccer team playing a great soccer game. After the game, we came home and Nat and one of her friends helped make mummy dogs for lunch.


Owen helped too:

The day could not have been more gorgeous. After a long day of soaking up the gorgeous weather, we got our costumes on and headed out. Natalie never wants to be anything easy for Halloween. She's not an "off the rack" type of girl. Last year she wanted to be Marilyn Monroe, and just case you may someday be looking for a Marilyn Monroe costume, the Halloween market isn't exactly exploding with Marilyn Monroe costumes for 8 year old girls...but I digress. This year she wanted to be Rosalie from Twilight. Okaaaay....after many weeks of discussing options, I finally convinced her that most vampires are REALLY old, so she should dress up as an old-time vampire, that looks like Rosalie. She went for that. ~phew~

And what kind of lame photographer am I ~ I didn't get ONE single solitary good one of my two kiddos in costume.

Oh wait!! I got this one of Owen stripping out of his costume at lightning speed. (he was done with Halloween 5 minutes into it.)

Here's Owen...er, I mean Spiderman, at our church's Trunk or Treat:

Rosalie:

He found this part to another child's costume, put it on and said, "Mom! Take a peetchure!!"
Ok. :)

So, next year I'm going to research how to take better Halloween pictures BEFORE Halloween. I'm also going to have a list of things I want to photograph, in advance, so I don't forget anything. Some photographer, huh? :-/
After all the festivities, Mariah and her friend headed out to a HUGE, DARK corn maze and stayed there until 1AM. I cooked them breakfast when they came in...what a fun, and exhausting weekend!
~mj~
1 comment:
O cracks me up! Crazy kid! I had to MAKE SURE to drag my kids outside and snap a couple pics before all of our party guests arrived. I only got 2 good pics of them. It's just too crazy on Halloween!
Post a Comment