Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!!!

"Are you SURE you know what you're doing, Daddy?" Happy Carving Crew:

Our finished products! Buzz Lightyear, for O, free handed by Daddy. 3 Howling Wolves done 100% by M, and the skull and crossbones, 80% done by N.

Introducing, Miss Marilyn Monroe!!!


N has wanted to be Marilyn Monroe for Halloween for 2 years now, and is already saying how she's going to alter the same costume for NEXT year. It wasn't easy to pull off...the Halloween market isn't exactly exploding with Marilyn Monroe costumes for 8 year olds.

In the end, we took a hand-me-down angel costume, altered it, added accessories, and Nat added the Marilyn Monroe smile, and VIOLA! And, consequently, her obsession with Marilyn Monroe has multiplied. It could have *something* to do with the amount of attention she received as Marilyn Monroe. ;o)



And here's BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!



Trick-or-treating with her biggest fan:

M decided she didn't want to dress up this year. I think she regretted that decision a little bit, by the end of the night. :o/ I feel bad...I guess I should have encouraged her more...but I was about her age when I quit dressing up for Halloween, so I assumed it was natural, and just let it be.



I the end, M put on a pair of angel wings and went as "The Casual Angel." :o)
Here's Nana and Papa with the kiddos:

Here are the kiddos with their cousin:

And O with his hooligan jailbird cousin, J. J used to be obsessed with Buzz and Woody, and has finally outgrown the obsession. O is the proud heir to his Buzz and Woody fortune. :o)



Buzz, playing with...Buzz...what a fabulous end to an out-of-this-galaxy night! :o)


I hope you had a happy and safe Halloween!
~mj~

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Looks like great fun! I love your jackos! Tell M she is never too old to dress up! :)