I read about this on another Christian mom's blog I read, and thought it was definitely worth sharing. Apparently the story was broadcast on Fox news last summer. There is a new trend among young teenage girls to NOT follow the young Hollywood "it" girls because of their recent troubles and run-ins with the law. (Paris, Britney, Lindsay) Along with this, they're adopting a more modest fashion trend. They showed this website which I found most encouraging.
M just bought herself a new iPod nano. She'd been scrimping and pinching her pennies to save up for this thing. In the end, I did have to spot her $30, but hey...now it's like having a licence to push those child labor laws. She does, after all, owe me. Bwaa haaa. :oP
Anyway, on the subject of encouraging conservative and modest, I loved the song that opens up the pure fashion website. (link above, in pink) I'd like to help M load her new iPod with uplifting, morally sound tunes. Of course, I won't deny her her favorite songs even if they're not Christian (so long as they're appropriate) ~ mostly because I'm not the denying type of mom. I want her to feel free to express her own individuality and style, and know she's capable of making her own choices. But...as her mom, I can sort of nudge her in the direction I'd like her to go, right?? :o)
So, admittedly, I'm not hip on the Christian music scene. What are some good Christan music tunes that we could get her for her iPod? I look forward to hearing from everyone. :o)
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment